Pupil Premium – The JF Way
- Priority Agenda: we will ensure all staff know who their disadvantaged pupils are, what barriers they face, how to overcome these and maintain a sharp focus on positive discrimination and progress monitoring.
Wider Strategies (attendance, behaviour, wellbeing & communication with parents): we will ensure there is support for the whole child and obstacles to progress are removed.
Data Analysis, Robust Tracking and Targeted Academic Support: we will ensure that data is robustly analysed and acted on to accelerate the progress of disadvantaged students.
Teaching and Learning: we will ensure the quality of teaching, learning and feedback is high so that disadvantaged pupils have the best chance of success.
What is the Pupil Premium funding?
The Government allocates funding to support:
- Students in receipt of free school meals or who have claimed FSM in the last six years
- Students who are looked after by the Local Authority,
- Children adopted from care under Adoption and Children Act 2002 and
- The children of Armed Service families