At John Flamsteed Community School students wear a uniform which demonstrates their commitment to our school and the professional standards that we value within our community.
Please label all garments in order to reunite students with any mislaid or found items.
- Navy blazer with school badge.
- White collared, short or long-sleeved school shirt.
- Years 7-9 wear the prescribed clip-on school tie.
- Years 10-11 wear the prescribed navy and silver school tie (non clip-on)
- Prescribed full length trousers – no jeans, skinny cut, tight, capri style, culottes or low fitting styles OR a prescribed black pleated knee-length skirt. No pencil or tight-fitting styles.
- Plain grey or black socks with trousers.
- Black opaque tights or black / grey knee-high socks with skirt option.
- Leather or leather-look plain black shoes with flat black soles and laces – no trainers, plimsolls or canvas material allowed.
- Navy blue v-neck jumper (optional for winter months – no logos or trademarks permitted)
- Plain coat en route to school preferably in navy, grey or black.
Hoodies are not deemed to be an acceptable type of coat and we would request that students do not wear these to school.
Our General Dress Policy
- Natural hair colours only. No extreme hairstyles.
- Only a discreet amount of make-up is allowed.
- No nail polish, acrylic or gel nails are permitted.
- For health and safety reasons only one small stud in one or both ears will be allowed. No other facial piercing, body piercing, stretcher type earrings will be permitted.
- One ring is permitted
School cannot be held responsible for the loss of any jewellery that students wear to school.
Our Physical Education Uniform
For specific situations, such as those met in PE, we ask you to provide additional clothing.
- Sports shirt (navy and pale blue) with logo
- Navy and white shorts with logo
- Socks (summer)
- Suitable training shoes (not plimsolls)
P.E. kits should be stored in a drawstring bag which is clearly labelled with the child’s name.
Optional (winter only)
- Football boots
- White football socks and shin pads
- Navy blue hoodie or fleece with school logo
- Under Armour top / leggings in blue or black
- Mouthguard (Years 9-11 when playing contact sports)
Students should arrive at school in full school uniform but are permitted to travel home in their P.E. kits should they have P.E. as their last lesson of the day